Suppose you’re staff in a support channel which isn’t very frequented by other users, and you want Textual to make a sound and show a notification (i.e. trigger a highlight) whenever someone joins that support channel.
- Go to Preferences -> Add-Ons -> Chat Filter and click the + in the lower left to create a new filter
- on the Filter tab, give the filter a name (example: Alert for joins on #foo), then copy paste this into the Filter Action field:
/notifysound Glass /notifybubble %_channelName_% %_senderNickname_% joined %_channelName_%
- on the Channels tab, select Specific Items and select the channel(s) you want to watch for joins in the list that opens
- on the Events tab, make sure only User joined channel is selected
- The last three tabs Sender, Notes and Advanced are completely empty
Whenever someone joins your channel now, you will get a notification and a sound:
Bonus feature: If you click the notification, it will automatically take you to that channel!